Experienced DUI Defense Attorneys
Violation of California’s DUI laws result in strict penalties, including large fines, the loss of driving privileges, and jail time. As a result, if you are charged with driving under the influence, you should not hesitate to retain the assistance of a skilled attorney.
Responding to Victorville DUI Charges
California Vehicle Code 23152 makes it an offense to operate a motor vehicle while under the influence. This means that in most cases drivers are prohibited from having blood alcohol concentration levels above .08 percent. There are situations, however, where a driver can end up charged with a DUI over a much lower blood alcohol concentration. For example, consider the followings:
- Drivers under the age of 21 are prohibited from operating vehicles if their blood alcohol concentration is .01 percent or higher
- Drivers under the age of 18 are prohibited from operating vehicles if they have any alcohol in their blood system
- The drivers of commercial vehicles are prohibited from operating vehicles if their blood alcohol concentration is .04 percent or above
Regardless of the exact offense with which you are charged, an experienced DUI attorney can help you create a strong strategy to respond to these charges.
Avoiding Victorville DUI Penalties
The exact penalties that a driver faces due to a DUI depend on various factors including whether the driver has previously been convicted of a DUI. Consider the following:
- A first DUI conviction in California results in a fine of $1,000, a maximum of six months in jail and revocation of driving privileges
- For each additional DUI conviction, the resulting penalties increase in severity. A fourth or subsequent DUI conviction in less than a ten-year period will result in a felony charge, carrying up to 3 years in prison.
- There are some factors that can result in a first time DUI conviction resulting in harsher penalties. Aggravating factors include high blood alcohol concentration of (.15 or above), 20 miles or greater over the speed limit, reckless driving, traveling with children at the time of the DUI conviction, and those who cause injuries or deaths while intoxicated.
Speak with an Experienced Victorville DUI Lawyer
If you have been charged with a DUI in Victorville, California you need an experienced attorney who can make the DA prove or dismiss their case. Contact Amicus Legal Group today to see how we can help.
Reasons to Hire an Experienced Victorville DUI Attorney
Following a DUI arrest, a skilled attorney will make sure that you have the strongest defense possible. Some of the other ways that a DUI defense attorney can help include:
- Performing an exhaustive review of the case and associated charges
- Gathering exonerating evidence and creating a good defense strategy
- Reducing or getting charges dismissed
If you are charged with driving under the influence, you should not hesitate to retain the assistance of a skilled attorney.
John-Paul is an extremely effective criminal defense attorney. The one thing that makes him stand out from other defense attorneys is that he talks to his clients to learn the circumstances surrounding their incident and then he makes a forceful and articulate argument in defense of his clients. I recommend my clients to John-Paul when they are in need of a criminal defense attorney because I know he will stand up for them.
Attorney John Paul-Serrao helped us to win our case against the insurance company after we were involved in a traffic accident where our car was rear ended, we tried to handle it ourselves with the insurance company and they did not want to cooperate with us, so we hired Mr. Serrao and he was able to get us a settlement above with the insurance company was willing to pay. I would highly recommend him.
John-Paul took my civil case when no one else would because other lawyers didn’t have confidence in my daughter who has special needs to testify, if needed. John-Paul won her case against the school district without a jury because he cared about my child, believed she was honest and deserved justice. He still doesn’t mind taking my calls whenever I have a question regarding her case.
John-Paul is a superb attorney. He was my mentor when I was in law school, and now as an attorney I still go to him for advice on complex cases. When my brother required representation I referred him to John-Paul. That is how highly I think of JP as an attorney. I would highly recommend him to anyone who needs representation.
I had the pleasure of working a very large scale drug case with Mr. Serrao, representing co-defendants. Mr. Serrao was a pleasure to work with. Highly skilled and very aggressive in his advocacy on his client’s behalf. I highly recommend Mr. Serrao for anyone looking for a criminal defense attorney.
Mr. Serrao worked on my DUI charge earlier this year and all I can say is WOW! Not only did he keep me updated with the case but his knowledge of the process helped calm my nerves, which was very important to me. He showed care for me as a client and I can’t thank him enough. I would recommend him to anyone in need of a quality criminal defense attorney.
Occasionally you meet another attorney who is so impressive both personally and professionally that you want to be affiliated with them in any way you can both personally and professionally. That is how I feel about John-Paul. I not only consider him one of the finest attorneys I know, but I now proudly call him my friend. He is among the very best.
John-Paul is well known in our community as a smart and effective criminal defense lawyer who is sensitive to his clients’ situations and responsive to their needs. I refer my clients to him with confidence when they need help with the criminal justice system.