November 20, 2020
Seeking Medical Help After an Accident
Getting into a car accident can run the gamut of one’s emotions. Best case scenario, the accident is minor and you escape without injury. Worst case scenario, you suffer serious injuries with long-lasting effects. Either way, knowing you have been in an accident is enough to rattle your nerves and make simple decisions very complicated. The hours following your accident can seem like a blur as you try to process all that has happened. No matter the confusion, it is crucial that you seek professional medical help immediately.
Benefits of Immediate Medical Assistance
- Evidence: Going to a doctor immediately will provide you the best documentation of your injuries. The longer your paper trail of medical attention, the better your claim. Go ahead and start that paper trail as soon as possible in the days that follow your accident. It will be incredibly beneficial for you to be able to pinpoint your injuries and have proof of their development over time.
- Your Recovery: Now is not the time to lean on your pride or downplay your pain. Let the professionals take over so that they can identify any injuries and get you on a path to recovery. Once a doctor understands your pain, he or she will be able to create a plan, whether that be with medicine, therapy, or a combination of the two.
Downfalls of Waiting to Seek Medical Help
- Loss of Documentation: If you wait too long, you run the risk of losing documentation that could help build your case. Not having treatment close in time to the accident can seem suspicious. If you wait too long, you might lose evidence like bruises that you need to show the extent of the damage done by the incident. It helps your doctor to see you immediately following the accident so that he or she can track your progress immediately.
- Prolonged Pain: The legal process will be enough to give you a headache. Do not add to it unnecessarily. In other words, do not wait too long to see a medical professional about your injuries and suffer more than necessary. If you are feeling pain right after the accident, visit your doctor immediately to let him or her know the extent of your pain. If you are not feeling pain, still go to your doctor for an examination because you could have internal injuries that might need evaluation. Waiting to go will only increase your chances of prolonged suffering or later suffering from an undetected injury.
- Insurance Denials: Insurance companies want to know that a victim’s claims are not fabricated and will always be on the defense when it comes to paying compensation, so do yourself a favor and do not wait to seek medical treatment.
- Disappointing Settlements: Medical treatment will be some of the most important evidence in your injury case. It will show that you took the initiative to make the responsible choice. Do not wait to seek medical help because the wait itself can eventually affect your settlement in the future. Be proactive and schedule your appointment today, if you have not already done so.
You do not have to have visible injuries to be concerned about your physical wellbeing after a car accident. As mentioned earlier, not all injuries will be obvious so make an appointment to see your primary physician. If you have been injured and need help scheduling medical treatment or filing a claim for personal injury, give us a call at Amicus Legal Group at (888) 588-1777 and we will be happy to assist you.