Commercial Truck Accidents
If you’ve ever had an eighteen-wheeler barrel past you on one of California’s busy roads, you likely know dangerous they can be. One reason trucking accidents are often more deadly is that commercial trucks often weigh as much as 30 times more than passenger vehicles. If you or a loved one has been injured in a truck accident, you should contact an experienced attorney who can prepare your case to obtain the best result.
Common Causes of Riverside Truck Accidents
Truck accidents occur for many of the same reasons that car accidents happen, including: distracted drivers, fatigued drivers, and drivers who operate vehicles while under the influence of alcohol or drugs. There are some additional causes of truck accidents, however, which include:
- Trucking companies often fail to adequately maintain their vehicles. While strict regulations outline required maintenance and inspection, some companies cut corners.
- Inadequate driver training. Due to their substantial size and weight, trucks operate differently than passenger vehicles. Making a mistake while operating a truck can easily lead to a rollover or jackknife accident.
- Cargo in trucks must be adequately secured and stored or there is a substantial risk of a truck rollover.
Our firm knows to collect the evidence necessary to present the best claim. While the insurance company will try to minimize the payout, we stop them dead in their tracks.
Common Types of Truck Accidents
While the reasons for trucking accidents can differ, some of the most common reasons are:
- Truck drivers who fail to notice vehicles in their blind spots
- Brake failures that leave trucks unable to stop for obstacles in time. In situations where this results in a drive-axle brake locking, the trailer can skid and end up at a 90-degree angle.
- Trucks who tailgate or follow too close risk ending up in rear-end collisions with vehicles traveling in front of them.
- Rollover accidents commonly occur when trucks speed on steep hills or sharp curves and the cargo that is inside gets dislodged to such a degree that it causes the truck to rollover.
- Trucks are extremely difficult to navigate in tight spaces. As a result, truck drivers sometimes incorrectly calculate how much space is required to complete a turn and end up in accidents.
Speak with a Riverside Truck Accident Attorney
We have helped many other people impacted by truck accidents. Contact Amicus Legal Group today so that we can begin fighting for you. And remember, we do not charge any fees unless we recover for you.
John-Paul took my civil case when no one else would because other lawyers didn’t have confidence in my daughter who has special needs to testify, if needed. John-Paul won her case against the school district without a jury because he cared about my child, believed she was honest and deserved justice. He still doesn’t mind taking my calls whenever I have a question regarding her case.
John-Paul is well known in our community as a smart and effective criminal defense lawyer who is sensitive to his clients’ situations and responsive to their needs. I refer my clients to him with confidence when they need help with the criminal justice system.
Attorney John Paul-Serrao helped us to win our case against the insurance company after we were involved in a traffic accident where our car was rear ended, we tried to handle it ourselves with the insurance company and they did not want to cooperate with us, so we hired Mr. Serrao and he was able to get us a settlement above with the insurance company was willing to pay. I would highly recommend him.
I had the pleasure of working a very large scale drug case with Mr. Serrao, representing co-defendants. Mr. Serrao was a pleasure to work with. Highly skilled and very aggressive in his advocacy on his client’s behalf. I highly recommend Mr. Serrao for anyone looking for a criminal defense attorney.
Mr. Serrao worked on my DUI charge earlier this year and all I can say is WOW! Not only did he keep me updated with the case but his knowledge of the process helped calm my nerves, which was very important to me. He showed care for me as a client and I can’t thank him enough. I would recommend him to anyone in need of a quality criminal defense attorney.
John-Paul is a superb attorney. He was my mentor when I was in law school, and now as an attorney I still go to him for advice on complex cases. When my brother required representation I referred him to John-Paul. That is how highly I think of JP as an attorney. I would highly recommend him to anyone who needs representation.
John-Paul is an extremely effective criminal defense attorney. The one thing that makes him stand out from other defense attorneys is that he talks to his clients to learn the circumstances surrounding their incident and then he makes a forceful and articulate argument in defense of his clients. I recommend my clients to John-Paul when they are in need of a criminal defense attorney because I know he will stand up for them.
Occasionally you meet another attorney who is so impressive both personally and professionally that you want to be affiliated with them in any way you can both personally and professionally. That is how I feel about John-Paul. I not only consider him one of the finest attorneys I know, but I now proudly call him my friend. He is among the very best.